SIGN LANGUAGE INTERPRETER – GRADE 9
1. Bachelor of Education (Special Needs Education- Hearing Impaired Option) or related field
2. Proficiency in computer applications
3. At least five years experience in use of Kenyan Sign Language
4. A minimum KCSE grade of C+ in English
1. Provides sign language interpretation services during lectures, social activities, meetings and any other events at the institution.
2. Provides technical support to course lecturers and students in sign language courses.
3. Adheres to the sign language interpreters code of ethics.
4. Utilises technology to provide sign language interpretation services.
5. Maintains awareness of sign language interpreting best practices and emerging trends.
6. Reports to the workplace regularly, punctually and follows a work schedule to keep up with the demands of the institution.
7. Completes duties and responsibilities in compliance with university standards, policies and
8. Supports the institutional core values, mission and vision.
9. Promotes positive morale and teamwork within the department and provides exceptional
customer service to students, staff and community.
10. Performs other duties as assigned
TERMS OF SERVICE
The terms of service for the positions will be on permanent and pensionable terms.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Maseno University is an equal opportunity employer and therefore applicants of all gender, marginalized group and persons living with disability are encouraged to apply. Any canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. The University does not charge any fee for the recruitment and selection process.
Each application should be submitted together with updated Curriculum Vitae giving details of the applicant’s age marital status, academic and professional qualification, working experience, present post and latest pay slip, telephone contact, email address names and referees plus copies of the certificate and testimonials. Qualified candidates should submit ten (10) copies of the application clearly indicating the reference number of the position applied.
Applications must be done on or before 3rd August, 2022 1700hrs addressed to:
The Deputy Vice-Chancellor
Administration, Finance and Development
P. O. BOX 333 - 40105
MASENO Download Full Document