Future of Sexual and Reproductive Health Research (FOR) Kenya- Training Coordinator Intern
Job Overview | DOWNLOAD PDF
The Maseno University Future of Sexual and Reproductive Health Research (FOR) Kenya Intern will work as a Program Coordinator under the direction of Dr. Ndunyu to ensure successful implementation of the FOR Kenya training activities, including but not
- Support day-to-day programmatic operations of FOR Kenya;
- Assist with compiling and finalizing training materials;
- Develop a scholar manual covering certificate program and training expectations;
- Facilitate recruitment of trainees;
- Coordination of weekly trainings (online and face-to-face) - manage program logistics e.g. scheduling, procurement;
- Deliver select lectures and facilitate select seminars;
- Assist with developing MEL materials and implementing MEL activities, including analysis;
- Coordination of Mentorship and Research and Writing workshops;
- Ensure trainees are adequately supported to implement successful studies;
- Organize field visits as relevant;
- Any other assigned duties.
The Future of Sexual and Reproductive Health Research (FOR) Kenya Program at Maseno University in the School of Public Health and Community Development is a 12-month pilot certificate program that will train older adolescent girls interested in developing careers in sexual and reproductive health research by designing and conducting their own innovative qualitative research studies with focus on improving the quality of SRH services for adolescents girls and young women.
The Maseno University, Department of Public Health in the School of Public Health and Community Development, Kenya and the Institute for Health and Aging at the University of California San Francisco, USA.
- Enrolled postgraduate student at Maseno University
- Bachelor’s degree in Public health, Sociology, Anthropology
- Three or more years of experience serving as a project/training coordinator and demonstrated ability to develop project training plans and schedules, prioritize activities, and successfully meet project milestones and deadlines
- Experience working with and/or teaching undergraduate students
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and web searches.
- Demonstrated proficiency in qualitative analysis software (Dedoose).
- Excellent organizational skills, analytical, and demonstrated attention to detail.
- Ability to work with extremely complex faculty calendars/schedules; requires extremely well organized and detail oriented precision
- Communication skills; includes verbal, written and active listening. Service oriented and responsive to questions and requests. Ability to interact in a professional, resourceful, and courteous manner.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills. Demonstrated ability to develop working relationships within Maseno University faculty, with trainees, mentors, and collaborating institutions
- Demonstrated strong ability to exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality
- Professional demeanor and appearance
Available to work as an Intern for 12 months.
Preferred: Masters student with experience in qualitative research and methods in sexual and reproductive health
- Cover Letter
Submit applications to Ms. Rhoda Musungu: SD4H@maseno.ac.ke. Cc. firstname.lastname@example.org The deadline to apply is July 7, 2023