To be a centre of excellence for French expression, quality teaching and research in the domain of French as a foreign language.
To train students of French with skills that can contribute to the development of the country in this era of globalization.
QUALITY OBJECTIVES OF THE DEPARTMENT
1. To provide quality teaching to the students learning the french language by ensuring that at least 95% of the students are able to communicate in french orally and in written.
2. To be a centre of excellence in the training of scholars in French by graduating within the country, at least two masters students and one PhD student per year.
3. To initiate a partnership with the French Embassy in Kenya by sponsoring at least one student per year for further studies in France or at the Reunion Island.
4. To organize a “French day” at Maseno university, once a year, to popularize the French language to the students.
5. To moderate and submit the examinations within the required time.
Doctor of Philosophy in French Studies
Masters of Arts(M.A) in French
Diploma Course in French
CERTIFICATE FRENCH 1
CERTIFICATE FRENCH 2
CERTIFICATE FRENCH 3
CERTIFICATE FRENCH 4